Thursday, January 31, 2008

Klutzy me


At school, I broke my ankle falling off the bleachers. Oh dear me... I can't stay on my feet at all. Earlier that day I had slipped on the snow, then I fell on my history teacher during the first assembly. My history teacher is 6'4... he is a big guy. :)

This is how it happened.

I was in the gym for the second time that day, and I needed to go out to get my violin before the busses got there. I got up and started going down the bleachers. The bleachers are steep so started to catch some air. On the 2nd to last bleacher, I tripped and fell. My friend started to walk over to me and he asked if I was alright. Not wanting lots of attention drawn to myself I said I was fine and hobbled out of the gym doors. My ankle hurt really bad so I sat down in the lunch room and started cry. My friend was with and ran to go get somebody when the gym teacher, who saw me fall, came out and ran over me. He picked me up and helped me walk to the office. They sat me down and went to go get a teacher to help give me a blessing. I started to hyperventilate and freak out. One of my teachers who was there with me was about ready to smack me over the head... she could not get me to calm down.

When the buses came they ran out to tell my bus driver I was riding home with the other driver. My new driver came inside and said that she was an EMT. She tried to have me put pressure on her hand by pushing it with my foot, but I couldn't. We got on the bus and she drove me to the clinic. My mom met us there. I got off and got x-rays of my foot. They said it was sprained. (We later found out it was broken, but that's a different story.) I went home with crutches, a brace, and some pain killers that make me loopy... :)



So thats was my big adventure. Sorry about the picture. The flash made my BIG huge bruise go white...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

babe you are to much of a tom-boy why were you catching air on the blechers? I think you should start making a list of safe activities that have no chance of breaking bones! play it safe~ily

Laurel said...

The bleachers are steep and you speed up quickly while going down them... thats what I was trying to say.

ily you to

Love your big sister