Friday, July 25, 2008

Lagoon's Skycoaster


Wow!!!!!! I had the time of my life yesterday!!!! I went to Lagoon with my Marching band after the Days of '47 parade. The parade was awesome even if we were 104 in line :) We were 105 last year. It did kick my butt though. I was very glad for the water at the end of the parade. hehehe Any way I had an awesome time! My friends and I went on the Wicked, and it was worth the line... well kind of ;)

It was getting closer to 8:30 (that was the time we had to meet back at the gate) and I was standing in line for the Samurai, and a couple of kids from our marching band were talking about how fun the Skycoaster was. I started thinking that the Skycoaster would be fun for me to go on too.

I talked to both of my friends that I was with, and they both refused one saying heck no and the other saying the she was afraid of heights. I was bummed, because I really wanted go. I looked up farther in line and saw my other friend. I called up to him and asked if he wanted to go with me, he slowly accepted and then got on the Samurai. He waited for me to get off the ride then we walked over to the Skycoaster entrance. We paid, got our tickets, then got dressed in the harness thingy. They asked which one us us was going to pull the rip cord. I looked at my friend and he shook his head. He didn't want to do it. While we waited for our turn and I was thinking to myself that I had officially passed the boundaries of being kind of insane to being extremely insane.

The lady called us up to our numbers at the gate. We were told to walk towards the platform thing and stand on it while the other 3 people (one of which was only 5 years old. My friend kept saying she was awesome I agreed) got unhooked. The workers asked us to trade places with the other people and stand so that we could be hooked up to the cable. They told us to lock our arms then garb our own wrist. What they didn't tell us was that they were going to drop the platform out from under us. We felt like we were going to fall flat on our faces.

They rechecked everything then they told us some instructions. I could not understand what she said so she told me that she was going to say 'fliers 3,2,1 FLY', then I was going to have to pull the rip cord. She said not to worry that there would be a speaker up at the top to listen to. The other guy said that when we passed the yellow box the first time, we could spread our arms and fly, after that they sent us up 143 feet into the air. The weird thing was that I felt secure up there in the air in the harness..... yes I know I am insane. teehee :)

When we were almost to the top I said to my friend that we were almost to the top he told me not to remind him. We were both excited and scared at the same time. We sat there for a second then we heard the lady's voice over the speakers saying 'Ok Fliers 3,2,1 FLY!' I kind of freaked out that moment, and could not grab the rip cord. I reached back for the rip cord again then I screamed and he yelled the whole way down. We passed the yellow box and he would not let go of my arm I yelled at him and told him to let go. He did; I think he was in shock and that is why he didn't let go, but I am glad he went with me I would have not gone alone I would have been to chicken.

When we were done they told us to grab the loop we both yelled 'What loop?' It was a tiny loop and sense my arms are to short my friend had to grab it. :) Thanks Weston :) We made it back to the platform and made our way back to the waiting area. When we were getting our harnesses off the guy asked me if I had had fun. I told him it was the most thrill I had had in my entire life he chuckled then asked me what ride we were going on next. I told him we were going to go on Wicked again. We did and it was just as fun as the first time. At least I thought it was.

On the way home the bus had tire problems so instead of getting home at 1:00 am I got home and 4:00 am. :P I slept in till 1:30 in the afternoon, and I am still tired.

3 comments:

Shanna Blythe said...

First off, I've always wanted to do that, but haven't yet. Secondly, just wait until you can go to a Six Flags! Talk about an FANTASTIC time!!

Laurel said...

Yeah I have always wanted to go to Six Flags :)
My friends went and said that she had a blast :)

bookworm said...

That was an awesome trip! Getting home 3.5 hours late though was...weird. i'm glad you had a fun time.

Love your big sister