Friday, August 1, 2008

The Castle Valley Pageant


This Pageant is about the pioneers that came form San Pete county to settle Emery County. It is really awesome! I play an Indian the first four nights then I will be a pioneer for the last four. The pageant really opened my eyes about the county. It looks barren and desolate, but it is really a pretty place :)

Any one who reads this, and has time or is able, should come! We have people from all over the state coming to see it. Last night we had a lot of people there, but Fridays and Saturdays always have the most people.
There are signs for the pageant all over. Just before you go into the Spanish Fork Canyon there is a big sign talking about it. When you get into Emery County there are big orange signs all over so if you get lost just look for those :)

Here are other instructions the address if you need a map here is a link, I hope it works :) If not tell me in the comments section. http://www.lds.org/placestovisit/location/drive/1,10789,1782-1-1-4785+NORTH+DESBEE+DOVE+RDp-CASTLE+DALE-UTAH-84513,00.html

Address:
4785 North Desbee Dove Rd.
Castle Dale, Utah 84513

Phone number(s):

Call Mark Justice at 435-687-2403 for more information.

Schedule:

Dates:
July 31; Aug 1-2, 5-9

Pioneer village activities from 6:30 P.M. to 8:15 P.M. Pageant performances begin at 8:30 P.M. and last about an hour-and-a-half.

Cost:

Admission is free.

The pageant is really cool :) I know I have said that a lot in this post but it is so true.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am amazed at this pageant. This may just be me, but i am sorry that i cant meet these pioneers...now. I love the pageant even though i have seen it once. The cast was awesome and the entire thing was awesome. I encourage everyone who sees this page and has the opportunity to see the Castle Valley Pageant to go see it. :)

Laurel said...

:) I so agree Morgan :)
I would very much like to meet them too. I think I would like to talk to them about there struggles and blessings :)

Mac! said...

I got news, girl. People come from all over the nation, not just the state. It is a nationally famous thing.

Mac! said...

oh, and what did you mean by quote "stealing landons and darins grapes"?

Laurel said...

Yes I know we had people from France. Any way where did I say that??? I meant it was fun stealing their grapes. The ones we had before we marched

Janette Rallison said...

Sounds like fun. Wish I could see it!

Laurel said...

The pageant was really fun :) I loved loved loved it!!!! They have decided to do it every other year now so in two years if you are around Utah any you should come down and see it. I remember when you went to my Jr high, and the Pageant is around that area well kind of :)

Tiff Alaine said...

Oh that's cool that you got to be in the pageant! I went to it, and it was fun. It has a great spirit about it.

Laurel said...

When did you go to it? What day?

Mac! said...

Now I get the grape thing. I forgot that we had grapes before the parade. Are you really that close to Darin that you would steal his grapes? I wouldn't dare do that unless I was ok with that person. But to each his own.

Laurel said...

No he was throwing them at me so I ate them.
Yeah, all the drummers are kind of close... they all know each other and talk to each a lot too. :)

Love your big sister