Thursday, June 30, 2011

Girls Camp!

Girls camp this year was very rewarding and I loved it :D It was my 6th and last year. I can go one more year, and I am going to, but not everyone does. So the make a big deal about the 6th years and you get to answer questions and the stake young woman's leader writes them on a poster and people have to guess who you are. Its a lot of fun and I had looked forward to that since I was a 1st year camper.

Our theme this year was "Your Happily Ever After". It came for President Dieter F. Uchtdorf's talk which you can read here (it is the most amazing talk, I recommend you read it!)We all had kingdom names for our wards and such and acted like princess the whole week. Our testimony meeting at the end was heart warming. Our ward is the biggest ward with about 21 young women who went to the camp, and almost every girl but about 2 or so bore their testimony and it was amazing to hear what those girls know and believe at such a young age (12 years old is the youngest you can be in young womens :) In those four days I was there, I came to truly understand my Divine Nature and that I am a beloved daughter of my Heavenly Father who loves me. He has a plan for me, my own happily ever after, all I need to to do is turn to him. I am thankful to my leaders and the stake leaders that took SO much time and put in so much effort to make this an amazing experience.

Here are some pics :D
Here is the raging river we camped by. The Forest Service came up and put police tape so that we could go by it.

The river again

Here is what our camp ground looked like

This is a blury pic of my and the other JCs (junior councilors: 5th, 6th and 7th years) up singing songs on JC night. We all leave a day earlier than the other little girls :D

JCs, blury again. :) our young womens president didn't know how to work the camera

Here is Morgan, Rachel, me, and Ashley at dinner on JC night. All but Ashley are in the same ward :D

hehe this is Rachel, Me and Morgan (who is taking the pic) on the bridge by the river... this is before the tape went up ;D

Here is my young womens leader, one of our young campers tied up, another girl from our ward, and in the back is another one of my leaders. lol oh the joys of girls camp ;)

These ladies are our stake leaders doing their skit :D it was hilarious!

3 comments:

Laura said...

randomly found your blog, it's so good ! check out mine?

Laurel said...

Thanks!! :D Sure I would love too!!

havealittlefaith said...

you seem a lot like me! I go to camp and am Christian too! Love your blog!

Love your big sister