Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Girls Camp

Tomorrow I am headed out to the great outdoors to go camping with my stake. My stake has girls camp really early, way earlier then other wards I have been in. We are going to be camping for 3 days, once again a day shorter then I am use to.

Any way, besides that I have been looking forward to this for a long time. I always feel the spirit at camp strongly. Testimony meetings are full of tears, but are special to me and always will be. In my old ward we had what you called Destinies. It is where the stake comes down from their camps and we gather together and have a spiritual meeting. The first night's meeting is always the best. I love them and I am sad that this ward does not have them.
Last year at girls camp, the stake presidency decided to wait and dedicate the camp till we were all there. It was amazing. Then one ward got really sick and all of the leaders were sick and all but 4 girls were sick. It was horrible. After one of the activities the 4 girls who were not sick knelt in a meadow and prayed that their ward would get well and would not get anyone else sick. At dinner that evening, their whole ward was there and they were all well. I know that prayers work and that was just another witness to me that they are answered.

I am exicted to go, and in fact I should be packing right now teehee :)

2 comments:

Tiff Alaine said...

Hello =) thank you for visiting my blog, yours is very nice. That's a really cool story about the sick campers. Prayer is a wonderful gift. I am going to my YW camp really soon too. And so excited am I!

About your question- I have known Alisha for about three years now. She was in my ward until she recently moved... but we still keep in touch, and I see her once in a while.

Laurel said...

Yep, Girls camp was fun :) Alisha's testimony was amazing. She really has a special spirit.

My testiomny of prayer grew over girls camp! I had lost a scarf snipe hunting and I could find it for the life of me. But after praying and asking my frined to pray also, we found it in a heart beat. I like knowing that He will always answer my prayers.

Thank you your blog is very nice also :)

Love your big sister