Wednesday, June 4, 2008

School is out and Marching band is in...

School got out on May 23rd. So that is my excuse for not writing on my blog or writing my story.....it as been really busy. The last day of school was fun, I got to hang out with my friends and part all night!!!! Ok... maybe not all night :)

Marching band has been fun... when I am not banging my fingers on the rim of the drum... owe!!!!! I play the violin, but it is not a Marching Band instrument, so they stuck me on the smallest bass drum. The bass drum is still too big and it hurts my back like crazy!!! It makes me feel like I am pregnant. Or at least I think so :) The uniform is black and yellow. It is the high school colors, and the uniform is heavy plus marching in black is not my idea of fun, it will be a killer to march in. AND having the bass drum on my chest isn't going to help. Our first parade is this Saturday the 7th. We've only had a week to work on the song we sound pretty good, but having been on the drum for only a week is well... I am going to suck and mess up cadence just to put it to you straight :) teehee I will try not to mess up.

I will put a picture of me in my uniform up later tonight

2 comments:

The Team said...

Hey so laurel marching band is awesome!! ya.....lets get a pic of all of us in our uniforms for ur blog....u have no clue who rote this do you?

Laurel said...

Yes I do... yo have a blog and a gmail account so it shows me your name hehehehehehe neener neener

Love your big sister