Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Up date! (Marching Band and life, plus writing)

Hello I am have not blogged in a little while and I decided that I would. I am going to do an up date about couple things. Here it goes!

Marching Band: We finally got off the wonderful brake that our band director gave us. It was a good two weeks of sleeping in, and now I am back to waking up ridiculously early. :) We practiced our new song called Patriotic Spectacular for our parade on the 4th this morning like we did yesterday morning. But today our director decided to make us march again down the street from the high school. We marched farther and faster then we did the first week. It was horrible!!!!! The bass drum kept slowing me down and getting me out of line. When we got back from marching I collapsed on the front lawn! I came home and slept for 3 hours.... It was glorious!!! Don't get me wrong I absolutely LOVE Marching Band! It is just a lot of hard work in the early morning :)

Life: I am having a pretty good summer and have enjoyed the more time I have to read and write! I was in a cleaning mood and decided to CLEAN my room. If you have or know any teenagers you understand that their type of clean does not match Parents type of clean... well I turned that around yesterday, at least for me I did. My room is now spotless and no it is not all stuffed under my bed or in my closet. It passed my moms inspection so I am good! All of my clothes are hung up in my closet or are in the dresser. My brothers' rooms are all still pig styes though. I woke up this morning to my clean room and thought that it felt so empty. I think it is better to have and empty feeling room then to have a messy full feeling room.
Some of these pictures of my room turned out crappy, but oh well... All the things behind my head board are blankets not junk :) such a pretty room isn't it? :)
This is my desk... you couldn't even see the surface of it, and I am sure that my turtle was very scared of things crowding the side of her tank, let alone things almost falling in it. Now it only has my books lined up on the side of it :)
This is, or was I should say, the dresser of doom..... I could not find anything in it or on top of it. Now I can see where all of my jewelry body sprays, and other things are :)

Writing: I have come up with some AWESOME ideas for my new story I have decided to write! I have the first chapter and the first sentence of the second chapter. I know that that doesn't seem like a lot but I am proud of myself for coming up with such an awesome, or at least my mom and I think, story idea. I got my writing abilities from my mom, but I also got my passion for writing from her too :)

2 comments:

Tiff Alaine said...

You have a really cute room. And I do know exactly what you mean by parents and kids idea of clean. I actually cleaned my room yesterday and now it looks fabulous!

I think it's cool that you're writing a story. I like to write too, and am actually working on about three novels right now. I know I should focus on one, but I can't help myself. =D

Laurel said...

:) sounds like my mom she writes a lot she has 9 novels she is writing.

I love to write I won 1st place on a story for a writers conference. I was so happy :)
Good luck with your writing!!!

Love your big sister