Thursday, August 28, 2008

Well... I'm still alive :)

School has been alright. I am into the 2nd week, and doing just fine. I enjoy being the big bad kids in school now :) the little ones are afraid of us. hehehehe I think so far that seminary is the best class. My teacher is up-beat and energetic. He makes learning about the gospel fun :) He is really cool to be around. I also have two really WEIRD teachers they are REALLY hyper and loud and all over the place I brace myself every time I go into their classes. It is really weird to go from Seminary to go to my L.A. class because one is quiet and spiritual the other class has a crazy teacher that is SOOOOO hyper :)

I am not involved in any sports so far, but come May I am going to try out for softball. I would do other sports but I missed volleyball (dang it!!!) and I can't play basketball, so that leaves wrestling... NOPE!!! We might be able to put a soccer team together so I might do that.

School is still kind of taking off so we haven't done anything big. Which I am just fine with. :)

Any way I am sure there are more updates to come soon :)

7 comments:

jefferies said...

Hey Laurel!
I didn't know you have a blog. Man oh man, I didn't realize that you were getting so old! Well, you are welcome to visit us anytime and we will take you to the Japanese Garden. I hope you are liking your new house and town and school.
Take care of yourself.
Love,
Katie

Laurel said...

:) Cool I really want to come visit. Yeah my mom says she can't believe that I am getting so old too. I am liking my new house ad my fiends are GREAT! The town is a great place to be. My school is cool besides the fact that we don't have any lockers and I have to carry a backpack around with me all day, and instead of being a Freshmen in High school, I am a freshmen in Jr High Oh well I'll live :)

I love you guys!!!!! Hope to see you soon!!!

Jewel Allen said...

*A freshman in Junior High* My daughter's like you...and loving it.

You ought to sign up for wrestling :-). Seriously, that's cool that you are loving seminary. Do you have to be up at the crack of dawn for that?

Anonymous said...

I love it when i have a hyper teacher. They always make class fun...Good luck in School!

Laurel said...

hehehe wrestling is a guys sport and I prefer not roll around pinning a guy on a mat :)

Jewel: No Seminary is my third period of the day. Tell your daughter to send some of her happiness to me :)

Anon: Yeah having a hyper teacher is kind of fun. You do have a lot of fun in class and you are always laughing

Jewel Allen said...

My daughter, Sierra, comes home with a lot more homework than ever, so she seems more stressed about that. Are you getting enough sleep? :-) coz I know she isn't, and she gets grumpy some days. It's good that you have made friends already!She has two buddies that are her salvation.

I didn't go to junior high in the US (I grew up in the Philippines), and what I heard about JH kind of worried me, but so far so good. Sierra claims she is not into boys yet, so I guess that's one less thing to worry about. Of course she might not be telling me EVERYTHING... :-)

Laurel said...

Hahahaha Boys will be a problem soon I bet heheheheh. I don't get a lot of sleep and am tired and grumpy some days also.
What Jr High is she going to? What grade?
Some people make Jr High out to be a lot worse then it really is but it depends on the kid.
Yes Jr High has A LOT more homework then elementary school so that would be expected.
My friends are my salvation too :) They are there to help with homework and drag me away from it when I need a brake! :)

Good luck to Sierra! Tell her not to worry too much, that homework can be easy and less stressful if you have a study group with friends :) At least it helps me more that way.

Love your big sister