Thursday, September 11, 2008

9-11


Today at school, before we went to our 1st period, we went outside and listened to our Principal talk about 9-11. He talked about he sacrifices that those people made. He talked about people in the past that have given there lives to save others. Then two of our teachers raised the flag then took it back down to half staff. We watched in silence then we said the Pledge of Allegiance. My friend Played taps before we went inside. It was a very cool thing to do.

When I went to Seminary, my teacher talked about 9-11 also. He told us that he thought that after 9-11 it seemed our country came together more closely. I agree with him fully. He told us that one of the Prophets said that the most important word in the dictionary, is remember. We should never forget. He was on his mission in Taiwan at the time and people there watched the tragic thing too.

Any way I felt that I should write about this experience. I hope that we all have a heart full of love for those who are remembering loved ones, and I hope we all have a prayer in our hearts too.

2 comments:

Jewel Allen said...

What a neat experience it must have been for you. Today for me, I admit I wouldn't have thought about the date if it weren't for people in the community who put up remembrances.

Glad you had a nice day :-)

Laurel said...

I am glad I had a good day too :) Yep to be honest I had forgotten also.... That is why when my Seminary teacher told us about the word remember, it meant so much to me

Love your big sister