Saturday, September 13, 2008

Tandem Bikes...


Well today my brother and I were taking a bike ride around our town. We stopped by my friend house, because I wanted to talk to her. I asked if she would join us on our bike ride so she did. But instead of taking a different bike, she told me I was going to ride the tandem with her... k all that know me personally know that I am a coconut (brown on the outside, blond on the inside), and that I am a klutz. So I was hesitant to get on with her because she is a blond too. I mean she is blond truly, and at heart. :) She dragged me on to it, and before we even got on, we were having troubles... We rode down to the gas station to pump up the tires, then we rode around her neighbor hood. The people in their cars that we passed were laughing at us SOOOOO hard. I ended up holding my legs up so that she was the only one peddling. I am sure we were a sight for sore eyes. My brother who was riding along side of us was laughing really hard too :) Well that was my excitement for today :) I wonder what is next to ride... a unicycle? Maybe (she has one of those too hehehe)

6 comments:

Jewel Allen said...

That's hilarious, Laurel. I've always wanted to try one of those, but I'm afraid if I do it with my husband, we'll end up doing a comedy act instead :-)...

Laurel said...

HAHAHAHA Yeah that is what Brinne and I looked like I am sure... a comedy act :)

Shanna Blythe said...

I have ALWAYS wanted to ride a tandem . . . I'm jealous!! ;)

Laurel said...

:) Yeah it is fun to ride, I really liked it even if we were not very good at it... :) hehehehe

Kathy L. said...

"That which you presist in doing becomes easier, not that the nature of the thing has changed, but that our ability to do has increased!"
That is my favorite quote, Laurel. Never be afraid to try new things -- that is how you stretch and grow!
Aunt Kathy in Portland

Laurel said...

:) Hello Cathy!!!!! Welcome to my blog :) Yeah the tandem bike was something new, and It think I will try it again sometime :)

Love your big sister