Saturday, October 18, 2008

Life goes on

Today was the funeral of my beloved cousin McKensie. The service was beautiful, and the talks that we shared were powerful. Especially my uncle's. He has got the strongest testimony about this trial they are going through. He kept saying how he is not mad at God for taking his little princess. He understands. My aunt also kept saying that.

Any way as the title of this post says, life does go on even if you feel empty inside and you still don't totally grasp what has happened. You may want life to stop so that you can morn and be sad, but it still goes on and God is there to comfort you. I think that I have cried more today then any time in my life. I will miss her but I know that God wanted her home and that it was her time to go.

Any way if this post sound scattered, it is because I am so emotionally drained and tired :)

6 comments:

Kate said...

I am so sorry Laurel. If it helps, I know how you feel. I have lost many "friends" in death along the way. May you and your extended family be wrapped in comfort and peace.

Laurel said...

Thanks Katie. We are doing alright now, but I am still a little emotional :)

Angie Ledbetter said...

So sorry for your family's loss.

Laurel said...

Thanks you for condolence Angie. We are feeling better as the days wear on.

Jewel Allen said...

Beautiful post, Laurel. Heavenly Father knows things better than we do, doesn't he?? Hope you have a great rest of the week.

Laurel said...

I have :) thank you Jewel :) Life has been alright for us lately.

Love your big sister