Sunday, October 12, 2008

May God guide this little angel


My little cousin McKensie died sometime around five this morning. She, as you may have read on my mom's blog, had AML(chemotherapy resistant leukemia). She had brain tumors that caused her daily pain. She is now in the arms of our Heavenly Father resting peacefully and without pain.

I was woken up by my mom this morning, and she told me the news of her death. I cried and cried, and all I could think about was how Tiffany and Brandon are feeling about this.

I am thankful for my Seminary class for all the prayers that they have given in her behalf, and we are all thankful for others that have prayed for her.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm sorry to hear about this Laurel. It's sad but in a way it's a good thing. She's not suffering anymore. What a great thing it is to be brought up in this church and to know that she went to heaven and that you'll get to see her and be with her again. If you need anything I'll be here for you =]

Laurel said...

Yeah I thought that too. She is not in pain any more, she is healed and whole now. I am glad that I understand that she is with Heavenly Father now and that she can be with her family for forever too.
Thanks Mel I might need your shoulder to cry on :)

Rebecca and Nick said...

That is such sad news. I can't even imagine how hard that must be for her family.

Anonymous said...

Hevenly Father gives trials to those that can take it and need it in their lives
My prayers are still with you and those that lost her.

Laurel said...

Yeah I feel so BAD for Tiffany and Brandon

anon: Yeah I have learned that in my life, Heavenly Father does give trials to us for our own good.

Jewel Allen said...

I read your mom's post about this. I'm so sorry Laurel. What a happy photo, such an angelic face. She's in a better place, for sure. Hope your family feels Heavenly Father's comforting touch.

Laurel said...

We went to her funeral today. She looked so sweet in her little white dress. She truly looked like an angel. I have never cried so much in my life I swear! This morning her face was a little swollen but still looked beautiful.

This picture is before she was diagnosed with Cancer.

Love your big sister