Friday, January 16, 2009

well...

Wow. The school year has gone by so fast... I am not ready for it to be half way though the year.

School: Well it has been alright. I got good grades, and I am happy that I did. I have had a good year so far and hope that the rest of it will go just as good as the first half. I am in chorus and I am enjoying it so much! My friend Keyara and I are doing a duet, and we are excited for it. I am doing a duet for band too. McKayla and I are playing a Minuette and Trio for flute and violin. We are still working on the timing, and then it will sound alright. :)

Writing: I was able to finish my short story, and send it off to the Dragon Comet Short Story contest. Cross my fingers, that I do alright! It was 17 pages and something like 5,000 words :)I am proud of myself. Instead of fantasy or Sci Fi, I did a paranormal one kind of... One that has ghosts in it :)

Funny: Well I don't know if anything that was funny happened in my life. Hmmmm.... It is not really funny, but kind of creepy. When I was in math, I was sitting by my friend and we were talking. I looked at his scan card, and said the I thought that number 50 was D. Well he looked on his paper, and yep indeed it was. He then went on asking me different numbers, and I was guessing the answer. I got all of them right.
Then there was kids that wanted to play a game because it was game day, and they picked to play Clue. Right before they pulled the cards out of the envelope to see who it was, I guessed that is was Miss. Scarlett, with the candlestick, in the billiard room. Well it turns out that it was Miss Scarlett, with the candlestick in the ballroom

I was SO close... everything I guessed today I got right or pretty darn close to right.

Yeah so that is what has happened to me this week or since I last posted.

Oh yeah one new achievement: I did numerous flips and dives off the diving board at our new pool. I am proud of myself :)

4 comments:

Janette Rallison said...

Miss Scarlett is always guilty in my opinion . . .

Laurel said...

hehehe yeah :D I guess she is

Jewel Allen said...

Good luck with the short story!! You know I love ghost stories...I think it's cool that's what you did.

Great post. You are doing some wonderful things with your life.

Laurel said...

Yeah i am hoping that it does well! Thanks Jewel, I try to add a little stuff extra in my life

Love your big sister