Thursday, March 5, 2009

The joys and downs of a teenager's life

Yes well, I have been slightly depressed the past 2 days, because I tried out for the High school softball team, and I didn't make it. I did really well at try-outs, but I guess not good enough. I am thinking about trying out next year, but before that, I am going to work my BUTT off trying to get better at my favorite sport. :) Some of my friends made it, and that is all that matters now. I am going to be their BIGGEST cheerleader! WOOHOO SPARTANS SOFTBALL GIRLS!!!! I still plan on going out for county softball, and I can't for for that :)

Any way, to go on with the good stuff in life, I had a pretty good day at school, I had a test in math (yes I know, all of you out there reading this are going, she is happy to have a math test???!!! but yes I am happy for one.) My friend gave me a note in class today telling me how much she loves me, and how she wishes I could be with her on the softball team. Last but not least, I can now do a backflip off the diving board! Yay!!!

9 comments:

Jewel Allen said...

I'm sorry you didn't make the team, and I admire your attitude. I think it's great that you learn from this and move on, and plan to push yourself to be better.

You'll make it there someday. Just never give up on your dreams!

Jewel Allen said...

Oh, and I meant to say, that note from your friend is a simple joy that is priceless indeed!

Rebecca and Nick said...

Way to go, not giving up. Be sure to try out next time. I tried out for volleyball once (which I just love the most) and didn't make it, and was too discouraged to try out again. And I regret that. But congrats about the back flip! I am not that brave.

Laurel said...

Thanks guys! I keep getting told by my friends that I should try-out next year too. They are such a support in my life. I was going to try-out for volleyball, but I didn't. I love volleyball too :D

I love doing back flips and front filps off the diving board! It is so fun!

Unknown said...

What san rafael freshmen made it? I'm sorry that you didn't make it, but county league will be so much more fun! We better have a team this year! I'm definately excited for it.

Laurel said...

Yeah I agree Mel! There was Lorin Jones, Jessica Severs, Shaliee Jensen, Whitney Roper, Mia Doria. I think that is all of them

Unknown said...

cool cool. wait, did brittany not try out? well, maybe you and brittany should come do track!!! wahoo! lol. i'm serious though. you should come.

Laurel said...

Sorry about not coming today. I completely forgot my stuff this morning...

Yes she did tryout, we both did :)

Unknown said...

It's ok. i wasn't able to go either. i went to go visit one of my brothers in mount pleasant and i to get him for a home visit.. but i hope you come. and guess what? you'll have more guts than most of the stupid freshmen that don't.. and more guts than like the 450 students at the high school that don't. just stick with it, because you'll definately improve. i promise.

Love your big sister